Eli will talk about how to make a good slides presentation (not explaining powerpoint but just explaining how the slides should be and how you should talk). Most physicist should learn that stuff...
Details are at:
I ignore what she will talk about but I guess she will seriously warn physicists about common practices like:
- creating the presentations in the same meeting while the previous speaker is presenting
- putting tons of text into the slides in tiny letters (so nobody can read it & complain)
- copying/pasting just a paper and putting it into the slides (variation of the previous bullet)
- making the slides so boring, colourless and simple that everybody will be tempted to have a nice siesta while in the presentation
- speaking showing our pretty back to the public just reading the slides rather than speaking to the people
(all these are real cases I am used to see...)
Sense of smell can actually help with sense of direction - - It has to do with two parts of the brain, both of which are thicker in those with better smell and spacial recognition. - Your nose can detec...
10 hours ago