I have a suggestion to improve your blog.
You should make a gmail calendar with the activities related to carpe-diem and embed it in your blog, for instance on the left side.
If it is not possible to embed it, you can at least include a link to it.
With gmail on-line calendar, you can make it so that we can add the carpe-diem calendar to our own gmail account, so as to see the events together with our other calendars (private, meetings, or whatever other calendars you have). It is also possible to give permission to people with a gmail account to add events to the carpe-diem calendar.
Events that could be added to the calendar include:
- Birthdays of carpe-diem'ers
- Dinners, outings, etc
- Keep people informed of when Weina, Valentina, LNA, Solarin or other part-time visitors will be around. Or visitors, such as Fidel, Pablito and company. Or when Marijana will be in town.
Otherwise it is not always easy to surf the spam to find dates for this kind of things.
- Special events (such as job fairs, cultural events, dinners we are planning, etc).
- MCCM evenings
- For events that require a doodle, a link to the poll could be included in the exact day of the calendar.
- We could also include the events from young@cern in the calendar.
Well, in fact I have already created the calendar. Maikel, you can investigate later how to add it to the blog. I have added most of carpe-diem members with a gmail account.
If somebody is missing, just tell me. Everybody* has permission to create and delete events. Just don't delete an event you have not created :D
*Everybody means every carpe-diem member whom I have sent an invitation. This is not a public calendar. Outsiders cannot manage or see the calendar.
Below is just a test of embedding the calendar in the post, but it doesn't look so well. Maybe Maikel can find out how to embed it in the margin, so it is always visible.
In any case, here is the link to the calendar so you
Hope this will become a useful tool.
Sense of smell can actually help with sense of direction - - It has to do with two parts of the brain, both of which are thicker in those with better smell and spacial recognition. - Your nose can detec...
9 hours ago